A Movie House Proposal

2011 is the year for the most awesome and sweetest proposals. And this one is definitely one for the books.

I was lucky enough to have gotten an invitation to this "movie". Unfortunately, Mica and I were off to our first-ever Rebellious Brides shoot so I sadly couldn't make it. But watching this video, I'm sorta, kinda glad I didn't go---why? Because the video alone made me TEARY-EYED! What more if I was there?!?!  But seriously, I wish I had witnessed it. The energy in the movie house reflected in the video. 


What's even better than the proposal video that you are about to watch, is that the groom even wrote a write-up for this blog feature--and nothing beats a guy who cares enough to do these things ;) 

Ryan writes:


When: Nov. 5, 2011
Where: The Podium, Cinema 2 (Puss in Boots)


It took me about 3 months to plan everything. Kitin (Kristine Flores) knew that my family will be out of town on that day so she had nothing planned yet on the weekend. About 3 days before the event, Kat, one of her kabarkadas from the States texted her saying that she has to talk to her and Ria (her best friend in the Phils) about a drastic decision that she was about to make. I told Ria to tell Kitin that her only available day was on Nov 5 because of her very hectic week. Since Ria works for Sun Cellular, they will be having a block screening for a client on that day and they can just stay for the movie and call Kat after.


As they entered the cinema, all the lights were out and the trailers were already starting. My video was projected after the trailers revealing that I was about to propose to her. When the lights were turned on, she realized that the whole cinema has been blocked to house all her family and friends and that I was not out of town after all. That was when I asked her to be my wife. :)


I made a video summary of what happened, including the surprise video I did. Just click the link below:





Here's a translation for our International readers:

7:05  "Actually I really don't know what to say when it comes to this, that's why I made a video"

"Everyone in this room knows you" (Kitin: "OMG!")

"And actually, I've told them about this a month ago"

"You're the only one here who doesn't know about this. Fortunately, know one told you---you didn't know?" (Kitin: "No")

"I know there are a lot of things you still want to do in your life...and I also want to do a lot of things in my life...but I want you to be with me in all those things that I want to do"

"And for all your problems, and the problems that you might still encounter, I want to be with you so that we can solve it together" 

"I'd like to end w/ a quote -- I forgot where I heard it"

"They say that you'll know for sure if the girl is meant for you, when you know that despite the mistakes she's done, all you ever want to change about her is her surname" 

Clap, clap, clap! I applaud Ryan for such a perfectly, and creatively executed proposal and thank you so much for sharing this with us! Congratulations to the newly engaged couple, especially to Kitin! Do us a favor will ya? Make it a rebellious wedding -- teehee ;)

Know of other awesome proposals of the creative and rebellious kind? Share it with us at rebellious.bride@gmail.com

XOXO,
Kai 
*follow us on twitter! @RebelliousBride


2 comments:

  1. -via gmail-

    Wow! Thanks for this Kai! I will share it on my wall tomorrow. :) Ang galing may online presence na. hehe :) I will try to convince Kitin to make the wedding as rebellious as possible. haha! Thanks Kai! You're the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. O Diyos Ko talaga. grabe ang proposal na ito ang haba ng hair ni Kitin! I was also super touched with his proposal message! Great job!!! Congrats on their engagement! :D

    ReplyDelete